Sherwood, Mae, and Relient K (my favorite band :D)!!
That was such an amazing concert...
And my first time in a mosh pit!
One of my friends got to meet Relient K and talk to them for about 20 min. while Mae was playing! I'm so jealous...
So I guess I'll start from the beginning...
The metro ride down there was ok. Mary, Cory, Kristi, and Allison kinda did their own thing while me and my sister talked. At first it kinda bugged me... I honestly hate feeling excluded like that but I couldn't just include myself because I didn't want my sister to not have anyone to talk to... and no one else was making an effort to talk to her until Mark met us at the concert. But whatever. Me and her talked, and it was really good... she's definitely one of the main role models in my life. Then we got to the concert and waited for a whileee so we just chilled. It was pretty fun... Haha "BB!!"
Sherwood was the first to play, and I looove them! They're seroiusly amazing.
We were stuck behind these tall people who just stood there. They didn't move or jump or sway or anything... they just kinda watched. I was like are you kidding? And my whole group was frankly being boring, and although I loved their music, I remember thinking "this is what i've waited so impatiently for?"
So after that we went to find a better place to stand so we could actually see and hopefully have more fun... almost everyone wanted to go upstairs but I refused, I wanted to find a good place to stand. When we finally pushed through some people and were in an ok spot before Mae got on, they were happy... and Mae, who wasn't very good live, was a lot more fun just because people were constantly jumping and moving and stuff and we actually got to be a part of the moshing and crowd surfing people and stuff.. it was pretty tight. So by then I was satisfied with how the night was going.
And then they set up.. and Relient K came on! And let me tell you that was totally crazy. I got pushed up to front, about the forth row of people, in the middle while everyone else in my group stayed back. Cory came after me after a while so we had fun. But yeah, my hair was a MESS. Afterwards Allison told me that's how she could find me, she would just look for the crazy hair. Haha, but for one of the rare times, I didn't care! I refused to not have a blast during Relient K so I went all the way up to the front and was in the middle of the mosh pit. It was craaazy. I almost touch Matt when he jumped down close during one part! Ah, so close...
But ok, the purpose of this.. analyzing it:
1. My horrid habit of coveting...
On the way down there, we ran into this group of people going to the RK concert too, and it's the typical group of people that I've wanted to be friends with ever since I was a kid. When we were talking to them briefly, I seriously wanted to just go with them. If they'd hung around us longer and we were with them at the concert, I would've totally ditched my group for them. And it just made me realize how I do that so much... I covet stuff like friendships other people have all the time when I have some amazing friends that I take for granted
2. Redefining characteristics I look for in a guy, and more willingness to wait in order to find that guy...
A few guys have I guess been on my mind recently, and last night I guess I kind compared them to people like Matt from RK? and how the only reason they would ever be on my mind is because they give me attention and such. And I guess it just made me more confident that I'm right in waiting and helped reenforce some things I look for.
3. I finally didn't care...
My hair was a mess, I was really sweaty, when people were being pushed around I probably looked like I had no right to be there. But I didn't care... I refused to stand in the back and listen to relient k play, I was gunna have fun! So I basically left my group until Cory came.
You have no idea how big that really is... 'cause I care about what people think way too much. But last night, I didn't.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment