Today I decided to read the whole bible. It's definitely a huge feat, and it's something I've thought about plenty of times before, but today I decided that I should give it a try. So here we go!
The plan I looked up is that if you read 3 chapters every day with 5 chapters on Sunday, with i think 3 days built in as exceptions, you can read through the whole Bible in a year. Well today I got a head start and read from the very beginning of the Bible through Gensis 9:17, when I felt that that was enough.
What caught my eye from today's read:
Genesis 3 is the fall of man. Verses 14-19 are all curses... cursing the serpant, woman, and then man. Verse 21, right after the curses, says this: The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them.
Isn't that amazing? I've never noticed it before. Adam and Eve, because they sinned, are ashamed because of their nakedness and use fig leaves to cover themselves. Can you imagine how disappointed God must be? How hurt He must be? He's been walking with Adam and Eve and developing a very intimate relationship with them, and then they betray Him. Yet He clothes them. He still loves them the same despite their betrayel, despite their sin. He sees their shame and clothes them. He provides.
Please pray for me through this journey. I'm definitely one to start something, but then get lazy or impatient and not finish it. Pray that God will place in me the desire to read His word.
Thanks :)
Sunday, May 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment